Technology Connect & Learn: 3D Laser Scanning and Mixed Reality in Construction - 7/16/2021
Carolinas AGC hosted this Technology Connect and Learn with BuildingPoint Southeast on Friday, July 16, 20201. BuildingPoint Southeast discussed the technology used to achieve productivity, accuracy and profitability goals for construction projects through the use of a wide variety of cutting-edge hardware, software and mobility technologies that are designed to streamline and simplify communication and increase collaboration through every phase of the construction project lifecycle.
The presentation focused on:
3D Laser Scanning in Construction
Mixed Reality in Construction
- Terrestrial versus static versus drones
- How scanners are used throughout the project from start to finish
- Technology in construction - Construction is not all about digging ditches and hammering nails
- How do I learn do use this technology
7/16/2021 Technology Connect and Learn: 3D Laser Scanning and Mixed Reality in Construction
- What Is the difference between virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality?
- Would my gaming skills help me to use this technology?
- How is it used in construction?
- How do I learn how to use this technology in a construction environment?
- Emerging technology and its future uses
is the VDC Services Manager at BuildingPoint SouthEast where he specializes in VDC implementation along with supervision of BIM deliverable creation for coordination, estimating, and scheduling. With just over 9 years of experience identifying, assessing, and implementing new construction innovations for general contractors, Ryan is an innovator who has a passion for utilizing technology in order to help clients succeed. He also has a Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Science and Management. Ryan strives for detailed research in understanding what clients need, and enjoys developing groundbreaking VDC workflows.
is BuildingPoint SouthEast’s Building Construction Specialist covering the North and South Carolina region. Scott graduated from the University of Missouri with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. He has over 15 years’ experience in the construction industry, specifically in the concrete, construction equipment and cranes market. Scott enjoys building relationships with his clients to provide the most effective solutions catered to their specific needs. He also engages in product support, project implementation, and keeping clients abreast of the best options to create success.