Dave Simpson, President and CEO, is delivering the most important construction industry updates in a quick, about 60-second listen.
This week's topics include:
- Great news in North Carolina! The NC General Assembly finally approved the budget for the next two fiscal years. Included in the budget is:
- $5B for building and non-transportation construction projects.
- $4B for transportation improvement projects, the bridge program and the bridge preservation program.
- $2B for water and sewer projects across the state.
- CAGC Membership soared to a record high last week, matching numbers not seen since 2017.
- Five officers from the CAGC Board of Directors joined CAGC staff in Washington, D.C. last week to attend an annual AGC of America conference and to meet with members/staff of the U.S. House of Representatives/Senate from North and South Carolina to discuss issues important to your business including:
- Relief for the workforce shortage in the industry
- Immigration reform including putting together a guest program
- More Career Technical Education funding
- AGC opposition to proposed heat standards, union programs and other issues that are not business friendly.
- The 2023 Young Leader Conference will be held at the Grandover Resort in Greensboro, NC on November 2 - 3. We are expecting nearly 200 attendees.
- Thursday, September 28 we will host a Piedmont Connect Event at Olde Mecklenburg Brewery in Charlotte. AGC Chapter Executives from across the nation will be in attendance. We look forward to seeing you there!