REGISTRATION IS COMING!
Date: September 28, 29, 30, 2022
Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm each day
Location: 4601 Charlotte Park, Suite 150
Charlotte, NC 28217
Cost: $375.00 per person
- Attendees MUST have a minimum of 2 years Work Zone Experience and must provide proof of experience upon registration. To provide proof of experience, download and complete our Candidate Application. Download the application form here. Remit application to: Sharrell Janvier | (e) email@example.com. Any person not meeting this prerequisite, will NOT be allowed to attend this class.
- English reading fluency and comprehension. No persons without the ability read and comprehend English will not be allowed to attend or will be dismissed from the class.
- Ability to perform basic math, including calculations using multiplication, division, and fractions.
**Note: This course is not offered in Spanish.**
Course Includes: SCDOT Standard Specs – Division 600, Partial set of SCDOT Standard Drawings – Division 601-610, SCDOT Flagger Handbook, MUTCD Parts 1, 5 & 6, SCDOT Advanced Work Zone Guidelines/Student Manual, official certificate of course completion, certified wallet card, am beverages and lunch.
About This Course
SCDOT has implemented new, mandatory and recommended work zone traffic control training requirements for all contractors and subcontractors performing roadway work under contract with the South Carolina Department of Transportation effective 9/1/2013. This course is designed for contractors, or any company that works in the right or way, or on all highway systems, including two-lane roads, multi-lane roadways, and high-volume, high-speed, controlled access facilities to meet the new training requirements. This course covers traffic control plan reading and development, positive protection, work zone capacity, night work, and inspection. Part 6 of the MUTCD and SCDOT “Roadway Standard Drawings” are used.
Participants will be tested at the conclusion of the workshop for SCDOT Work Zone Supervisor certificate.
Who Should Take This Course?
Any employee whose job responsibilities impact or involve any of or all of the components of a Transportation Management Plan (TMP) including:
- Supervision of field installation, maintenance and removal of any or all components of the TMP
- Design & development of revisions to an existing TMP
- Design and development of a new or alternate TMP
- Any decision-making responsibilities regarding the TMP
SCDOT requires these employees successfully complete an Advanced Work Zone Traffic Control Training Program that include a primary component, “Temporary Traffic Control Plan” and the secondary components, “Transportation Operations”, and “Public Information Plan”. * A refresher course will be mandated every 5 years.
- Crash Statistics
- Parts of a Temporary Traffic Control Zone
- Temporary Traffic Control Devices
- Mobile Operations
- Worker & Equipment Safety
- Work Zone Issues
- Minimizing Litigation
- Inspections & Maintenance
- MUTCD Part 6
- Lane Closures
- Freeways & Expressways
- Traffic Control Planning
- SCDOT Standard Drawings
Instructor: Ron Ritter
Event/Class contact: Sharrell Janvier, Grants & Training Director
(o) 704-690-0817 (e) firstname.lastname@example.org