Registration Is OPEN!
When: Thursday, September 22, 2022
What: Silica in Construction Competent Person Training
Where: 5260 Parkway Plaza Blvd, Suite 100 - Charlotte, NC 28217
Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Price: $275 per person
The Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) starting enforcing newly adopted regulations designed to protect construction industry workers from the hazards associated with deadly Respirable Crystalline Silica. This Silica in Construction Competent Person Safety Training Workshop is designed to provide training for participants to be designated by their employer as a Competent Person as required and described in OSHA 1926.1153 regulations for Respirable Crystalline Silica. The course includes an in depth review of the OSHA 1926.1153 Silica regulations. Your course will be led by Scott Day, President of SafeDay. The course will be delivered over approximately 8 hours.
What is Covered:
- What is Crystalline Silica?
- Health effects of silica exposure.
- Detailed Review of the new OSHA Regulations.
- Role and responsibilities of the Competent Person.
- Typical construction activities that could expose employees to silica.
- OSHA’s new Silica Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL)
- OSHA’s Specified and Alternative Exposure Control Methods to protect employees from silica.
- Respiratory Protection & Medical Surveillance requirements of the new regulation.
- Housekeeping requirements.
- Written Silica Exposure Control Plan requirements.
- Employee Training and Recordkeeping Requirements.
- Written knowledge test.
Who Should Attend:
SafeDay recommends this course for any worker who may be involved in construction tasks involving silica exposure as well as business owners, Superintendents, Project Managers, Foremen, Safety Managers and other personnel responsible for supervising or managing any work activities involving silica containing materials on construction, renovation and demolition projects.
Each Attendee Will Receive the Following:
- Silica Competent Person Safety Training Card/Certificate
- Silica Competent Person Training Workshop Manual
- 29 CFR Part 1926.1153 OSHA Regulations for Respirable Crystalline Silica
- 29 CFR Part 1910.134 OSHA Regulations for Respiratory Protection
- Product literature for various silica exposure control equipment