Class has been cancelled due to COVID-19.
In response to the COVID-19 virus and out of caution for the safety and well-being of our Carolinas AGC Family, we are taking the precautionary step to CANCEL this event.
Price: $250 per person
The Fall Protection in Construction Competent Person Safety Workshop is designed to provide the necessary training for participants to be designated by their employer as competent person for work involving fall exposures. The course includes an in depth review of the OSHA 1926 Subpart M – Fall Protection regulations, as well as an overview of the fall protection regulations applicable to steel erection, scaffolds, cranes, and ladders to give participants the knowledge and confidence needed to properly apply fall protection regulations to a wide variety of construction activities. The course discusses various fall protection systems currently available. Our course is presented in a fun and easy to understand format that engages the participants. Your course will be led by Scott Day, President of SafeDay, Inc. The course will be delivered over approximately 8 hours.
Course Topics Include:
- A Review of Construction Industry Fall Accidents & Statistics.
- Frequently Cited OSHA Fall Protection Standards.
- Scope Application & Key Definitions of Subpart M – Fall Protection Regulations
- Subpart M - Fall Protection Requirements for:Unprotected Sides & Edges, Leading Edges, Hoist Areas, Floor Holes & Wall Openings, Formwork & Reinforcing Steel, Excavations, Overhand Bricklaying, Roofing Work, Steep Roofs, Precast Concrete Erection, Residential Construction and all other work activities addressed in the OSHA Fall Protection Regulations
- Requirements for Falling Object Protection
- Fall Protection Systems Criteria & Practices including:Guardrail Systems, Safety Net Systems, Personal Fall Arrest Systems, Positioning Device Systems, Warning Line Systems, Controlled Access Zones, Hole Covers, Safety Monitoring Systems, Written Fall Protection Plans
- An overview of OSHA Fall Protection Regulations applicable to Scaffolds, Steel Erection, Cranes and Ladders
Who Should Attend:
SafeDay recommends this course for all construction workers that engage in construction activities that may expose them to fall hazards. SafeDay also recommends attendance by all Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, Project Managers, Foremen, Safety Managers and other supervisory, management or key personnel responsible for supervising or directing construction workers at risk of falling.
Each Attendee Will Receive the Following:
Refund & Cancellation Policy
- Fall Protection Competent Person Training Wallet Card
- Fall Protection Safety Workshop Manual
- 29 CFR Part 1926 OSHA Subpart M Regulations for Fall Protection
$10.00 administration fee payable to CAGC if cancellation made 7 days prior to the event. Any cancellations less than 7 days or no shows receive no refund. Substitutions are welcome.