- NLRB Streamlines Union Election Process, Hamstrings Union Free Employers
- Final Rule for Federal Contractor Minimum Wage
- Help Support Your Industry's PAC! Carolinas AGC lobbyists and members achieved top legislative goals in the 2014 session of the NC General Assembly-- goals which directly affect the construction industry and your bottom line. Your PAC help is needed now to support pro-construction, pro-business candidates of the NC General Assembly before the Nov. 4 general election. Contribute now, it's quick and easy!
- New NC Call Before You Dig Law goes into Effect October 1
CAGC NC Legislative Day with Designers/Top Lawmakers Gets Big Results -- and Video
See the new, short video by clicking here of about 150 people -- representatives of Carolinas AGC (CAGC), AIA North Carolina (AIA NC), the Professional Engineers of North Carolina (PENC) and the American Council of Engineering Companies of North Carolina (ACEC/NC) -- attending the game-changing event on May 28 to underscore the needs for public infrastructure funding in North Carolina.
Bill that Would Result in Multi-Billion-Dollar Funding
CAGC Helps Lead Efforts on Multi-Billion-Dollar-Needs/Funding Study for Building/Utility Public Work in NC
CAGC Video Showcases Legislative Luncheon/NC Legislative Day on May 28: More than 100 people turned out last month for CAGC's Legislative Luncheon with top lawmakers and the NC administration secretary. Watch this short video and see why it's important for you to get involved politically, including signing up for our NC CAGC Legislative Day with architects and engineers on May 28 in Raleigh.
CAGC Members Meet with NC Lawmakers
North Carolina lawmakers met recently with Carolinas AGC members and designers to get our industry's insights and provide input on construction and design issues. Couldn't attend? Find out what you missed!
CAGC Weighs in on Prequalification Issue on Public Work
CAGC staff recently made a presentation to the NC General Assembly's Purchase and Contract Study Committee on the issue of prequalification on public work in NC. View CAGC's presentation & policy on prequalification, the draft legislation, an amendment (attached to draft legislation and not approved at the committee's recent meeting.) For updates, view the legislative committee calendar.
- AGC to Offer AGC Private Health Insurance Exchange
See CAGC Video on Young Leaders/Construction Industry @ NCSU
Energy levels are high at CAGC as we're focusing on the future of our industry! The success of the NCSU/AGC Student Chapter Social is just one example.
NC Offers Free New Tool to Search for Employees
Your CAGC NC Lobbyists recently met with NC Department of Commerce to get a preview of a new tool that could be helpful for CAGC members in searching for potential new employees. Learn more!
Looking for employees with proven leadership skills and work experience? Join Hero 2 Hired and hire a Veteran!
Carolinas AGC Young Leaders Group - Want to be involved?
- Carolinas AGC is an accredited crane training and assessment center for NCCER
- Take Action! Go to AGC's Legislative Activity page to see Issue Alerts and Hot Topics.
- Who you know in Congress and the Legislature?
North Carolina | South Carolina
- CAGC Legislative Alerts: Try our easy "Take Action" tool
- Help CAGC with NC's infrastructure crisis efforts
What CAGC is Doing in Government Relations in 2015:
CAGC's PACs will fund efforts in 2015 that include:
- NC: Multi-billion-dollar involvement with infrastructure funding as well as such issues as energy exploration, regulatory reform, immigration, bidding and workers' comp.
- NC: Keeping a close eye on e-verification requirements and legislation expected that will involve the construction industry on the issue of independent contractors/payroll employees.
- SC: Working to restore payment bond coverage for both public and private commercial construction projects.
- SC: Pushing for the passage of additional highway funding for the much needed maintenance and construction of the roads and bridges in SC.
Our Successes in 2014
Read full end of session reports by State:
Successful sessions in the NC/SC Legislatures and Legislative Days to get members familiar with their Legislatures! Watch this playlist of activity in 2014!
2014 SC report | 2014 NC report