Project SuperVISION® - Become an Instructor
Qualifications for Project SuperVISION® Instructors
Candidates not meeting the following criteria may be approved to teach a specific course at the discretion of the Project SuperVISION® Committee.
Construction Industry candidates and Community College personnel should complete the National Center for Construction Education and Research Instructor Certification Training Program (NCCER ICTP), including an additional Project SuperVISION® specific agenda; a two-day comprehensive train the trainer program. To qualify for the programs, applicants must fill out the Carolinas AGC Instructor Certification Training Program Application Form and meet the following criteria:
- Be approved by the ICTP Training Program Sponsor. (Carolinas AGC) and
- Two years of experience as a trainer, instructor, or educator, or
- An Associate's Degree or higher in education, a construction-related field, technology education, or similar field from an accredited post-secondary institution, or
- A minimum of two years of experience at a supervisory level or higher in the construction or maintenance industry.
- Minimum of 10 years construction experience, field, office, or relevant educational training. An additional requirement for Total Safety Performance instructors who will issue OSHA 10 and 30 hour cards is that he/she must hold current OSHA 500 certification. (Submit a copy with your application.)
- Have at least two years experience in the Project SuperVISION® course to be taught and attend a training session for that specific class.
- Be familiar with the Project SuperVISION® program and material.
- Able to effectively use the internet, email, PowerPoint presentations, and projection equipment.
- Knowledge of contract or construction law.
- Suggested qualifications for specific Project SuperVISION® courses is as follows:
- Professional Construction Supervisor - Project Manager, Estimator, Superintendent, Project Engineer, or equivalent experience
- Total Safety Performance - Project Manager, Estimator, Superintendent, Project Engineer, or equivalent experience or certified safety professional
- Effective Preplanning and Project Scheduling - Project Manager, Estimator, Superintendent, Project Engineer, or equivalent experience plus experience in scheduling
- Cost Control and Productivity Improvement - Project Manager, Estimator, Superintendent, Project Engineer, or equivalent experience plus experience in job costing
- The Human Side of Project Success - Project Manager, Estimator, Superintendent, Project Engineer, or equivalent experience or experience in Human Resource management or Trades/Education administration