About the Proposed Health Insurance Benefit Plan
Carolinas AGC Board of Directors Chair Casey Schwager is pleased to announce plans for a CAGC Association Health Plan (AHP) as a new member benefit in partnership with BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina. With the new proposed AHP, CAGC members would have access to medical plans as well as options for dental, vision, life and disability with a potential savings of as much as 20 percent.
Complete Brief, 4 Question Interest Survey to Help Us Move Forward
Before we can move forward, we need to gauge members' interest through a brief survey that will take about two minutes to complete. Please complete the linked survey and return it by October 21.
Insurance Plan Details
Options for dental, vision, life and disability insurance
To provide more value to your CAGC membership, we are pleased to announce the proposed CAGC Association Health Plan (AHP) in partnership with BlueCross BlueShield of SC as a new member benefit. With the new proposed AHP, CAGC members would have access to medical plans as well as options for dental, vision, life and disability.
Plans to meet the needs of all employers, significant advantages for smaller businesses
More good news is that the plan is designed to meet the needs of any sized employer; however, there are significant advantages for smaller businesses. This AHP could be a great alternative to individual small business plans that are subject to provisions of the Affordable Care Act.
Reasons to consider participation in our proposed AHP:
- Employers will gain many of the regulatory advantages enjoyed by larger employers by joining together with other member companies.
- A broad selection of medical plans would be offered that align with your business.
- Medical benefits are insured by A+ rated medical carrier, BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.
- Your company could have a dedicated partner to help members through the proposal and implementation process, cutting red tape and saving you time.
- Reduced administrative costs and greater negotiating power stemming from larger risk pools and greater economies of scale.
- A composite premium rate structure applicable to every covered employee rather than a single age-banded rate that varies with each employee and each covered dependent, as mandated by the Affordable Care Act.
- A consolidated bill with all our planned sponsored benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability).
- Free COBRA administration for all association purchased coverage.
- A team of professionals to support you and keep you compliant while meeting the administration needs associated with offering a group benefit plan.
- Online Enrollment capability.
- Consolidated e-billing and support with ongoing enrollment changes.
Similar benefit to be offered for North-Carolina based members when possible
We are moving ahead first with a planned AHP for South Carolina because North Carolina does not allow such AHPs yet. Our long-term plan is also to offer a similar plan for North Carolina-based CAGC members when allowed.
Complete the interest survey to help us move forward.
To move forward, we need to know how many South Carolina-based member companies would be interested in looking at more details for our proposed association health plan. If you are interested, please complete this brief survey. This is the first step to helping us save our members money on health insurance costs.
Questions & More Information
For questions or more information, please contact Leslie Clark, CAGC SC Director of Government Relations & Divisions/Director of Operations, or CAGC Membership Director Lawson Pope or call CAGC at (704) 372-1450.
Take the Survey