Registration Opens Soon!!
Date: December 11-13, 2019
Time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm each day
Location: Wingate by Wyndham at Charleston Southern University
9280 University Blvd, North Charleston, SC 29406
Cost: $375.00 per person
CAGC Education Cancellation & Refund Policy
1. Attendees MUST have a minimum of 2 years Work Zone Experience and must provide proof of experience upon registration. To provide proof of experience, download and complete our Candidate Application. Download the application form here.Remit application to: Bill Stricker | (f) 704-332-5032 | (e) firstname.lastname@example.org. Any person not meeting this prerequisite, will NOT be allowed to attend this class.
2. English reading fluency and comprehension. No persons without the ability read and comprehend English will not be allowed to attend or will be dismissed from the class.
3. Ability to perform basic math, including calculations using multiplication, division, and fractions.
**Note: This course is not offered in Spanish.
Course Includes: SCDOT Standard Specs – Division 600, Partial set of SCDOT Standard Drawings – Division 601-610, SCDOT Flagger Handbook, MUTCD Parts 1, 5 & 6, SCDOT Advanced Work Zone Guidelines/Student Manual, official certificate of course completion, certified wallet card, am beverages and lunch.
3 Days, 24 Instructional Hours
About This Course
SCDOT has implemented new, mandatory and recommended work zone traffic control training requirements for all contractors and subcontractors performing roadway work under contract with the South Carolina Department of Transportation effective 9/1/2013. This three-day course is designed for contractors, or any company that works in the right or way, or on all highway systems, including two-lane roads, multi-lane roadways, and high-volume, high-speed, controlled access facilities to meet the new training requirements. This course covers traffic control plan reading and development, positive protection, work zone capacity, night work, and inspection. Part 6 of the MUTCD and SCDOT “Roadway Standard Drawings” are used.
Participants will be tested at the conclusion of the workshop for SCDOT Work Zone Supervisor certificate.
Who Should Take This Course?
Any employee whose job duty responsibilities impact or involve any of or all of the components of a Transportation Management Plan (TMP) including:
- Supervision of field installation, maintenance and removal of any or all components of the TMP
- Design & development of revisions to an existing TMP
- Design and development of a new or alternate TMP
- Any decision-making responsibilities regarding the TMP
SCDOT requires these employees successfully complete an Advanced Work Zone Traffic Control Training Program that include a primary component, “Temporary Traffic Control Plan” and the secondary components, “Transportation Operations”, and “Public Information Plan”. * A refresher course will be mandated every 5 years.
Parts of a Temporary Traffic Control Zone
Temporary Traffic Control Devices
Worker & Equipment Safety
Work Zone Issues
Inspections & Maintenance
MUTCD Part 6
Freeways & Expressways
Traffic Control Planning
SCDOT Standard Drawings
Instructor: Danny Shealy, PE
Event/Class contact: Bill Stricker, VP of Operations