REGISTRATION COMING SOON!
Private Trenching & Excavation-Competent Person Training Course for Seed Slingers
(Hands-On Soil Classification)
When: Monday, November 27, 2023 | 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Where: 3549 S. Hwy 501 | Mullins, SC 29574
The Trenching & Excavation Competent Person Training Workshop is designed to provide the necessary training for participants to be designated by their employer as Competent Person as described in OSHA 1926 Subpart P regulations for Excavations. The course includes an in depth review of the Subpart P - Excavation regulations. The course includes a “get your hands dirty” hands-on practical exercise to familiarize participants with the required visual and manual tests to properly classify soils as type A, B or C per the OSHA regulations. Our course is presented in a fun and easy to understand format that engages the participants. The course will be delivered over approximately 8 hours.
Instructor: Scott Day
A Review of Construction Industry Trenching & Excavation Accident Statistics
- Responsibilities of the Competent Person
- Scope Application & Key Definitions of OSHA Subpart P–Excavations Regulations
- Evaluating Underground Installations
- Trench & Excavation Access & Egress Requirements
- Evaluation of Hazardous Atmospheres in Trenches & Excavations
- Stability of Adjacent Structures
- Inspection Requirements
Requirements for Various Protective Systems Including: Sloping & Benching, Timber Shoring, Trench Shields, Hydraulic Shoring, Other Engineered Systems
- Soil Classification Requirements & Techniques
Who Should Attend?
SafeDay recommends this course for all employees entering trenches or excavations, Superintendents, Project Managers, Foremen, Safety Managers and other personnel responsible for supervising or managing any work activities in or around trenches and excavations on construction, site development & utility installation and maintenance projects.
Each Participant Will Receive:
- Trenching & Excavation Competent Person Safety Training Card/Certificate
- Trenching & Excavation Competent Person Course Manual
- 29 CFR Part 1926 OSHA Subpart P Regulations for Excavations
- Sample Trenching & Excavation Safety Inspection Form
Caroline Brigmon, Workforce Training & Development Director
CAGC Education Refund & Cancellation Policy
a 50% refund of the original registration fee if cancellation is made 7 days prior to the event. Any cancellations less than 7 days or no shows receive no refund, substitutions are welcome.