Registration Is Open!
Price: $250 per person
Effective September 23, 2017 the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) starting enforcing newly adopted regulations designed to protect construction industry workers from the hazards associated with deadly Respirable Crystalline Silica. This Silica in Construction Competent Person Safety Training Workshop is designed to provide training for participants to be designated by their employer as a Competent Person as required and described in OSHA 1926.1153 regulations for Respirable Crystalline Silica. The course includes an in depth review of the OSHA 1926.1153 Silica regulations. The course will be delivered over approximately 8 hours.
Course Instructor: Scott Day - SafeDay, Inc.
What is Covered:
- What is Crystalline Silica?
- Health effects of silica exposure.
- Detailed Review of the new OSHA Regulations.
- Role and responsibilities of the Competent Person.
- Typical construction activities that could expose employees to silica.
- OSHA’s new Silica Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL)
- OSHA’s Alternative Exposure Control Methods.
- OSHA’s requirement for a Competent Person.
- Respiratory Protection & Medical Surveillance requirements of the new regulation.
- OSHA’s Housekeeping requirements for Silica.
- Written Silica Exposure Control Plan requirements.
- Employee Training and Recordkeeping Requirements.
Who Should Attend:
SafeDay recommends this course for any worker who may be involved in construction tasks involving silica exposure as well as business owners, Superintendents, Project Managers, Foremen, Safety Managers and other personnel responsible for supervising or managing any work activities involving silica containing materials on construction, renovation and demolition projects.
Each Attendee Will Receive the Following:
- Silica Competent Person Safety Training Card/Certificate
- Silica Competent Person Training Workshop Manual
- 29 CFR Part 1926.1153 OSHA Regulations for Respirable Crystalline Silica
- 29 CFR Part 1910.134 OSHA Regulations for Respiratory Protection
- Product literature for various silica exposure control equipment